Lot of students must have got placed in multiple companies including startups and MNC’s.
Moreover experienced professionals also get attractive jobs from both, but at times the choice of company becomes difficult.
As MNC’s carry a brand name with them, professionals usually get diverted towards them.
But the point is, what should be our preference , what are the pros and cons?
Well it totally depends on your requirements.
Why to choose a Startup??
Startup should be chosen if you don’t want easy money. You have to face lot of challenges, work hard but don’t worry your hard work pays off in the future.
You will acquire good skillset and your learning will not be limited to one scope.
Say, you are working for a startup, and you are making an ecommerce website (like amazon), it can be possible you have to create the design, gather the requirements, work on the functionality and as well as perform testing of the product.
Possibly MNC 3-4 years learning can be covered in 2 years being in a startup based company.
There is no concept of “Bench” here, your utilization is always 100%.
If you need some relaxation, it’s not for you.
Here are some of the Pros
- Great Learning (end to end implementation knowledge)
- You will learn skills which will help you start your own business
- More practical experience rather than theoretical knowledge
- No office politics, your work will always pay off.
- Working in startups, is like an investment, it can be possible you earn less and lead a simpler life but you have more skillset than your MNC friends and probably you can start a business of your own.
- You will play a big role in company’s growth and will be part of converting startup into a million dollar company (Eventually every MNC was a startup before)
So if you have risk taking capabilities, ready to go out of the way to work and possess the fresh blood in profession, startups are the one for you.
I would recommend this for freshers , as they don’t have much dependencies , can easily take risks and are very creative.
Why to choose MNC ??
Multi National Companies itself carries a brand name which can be useful if you switch for other opportunities or further studies.
They end up providing you a secure job with handsome salary.
Though your learning scope is limited, every job is accommodated with a different personnel specialized in the skillset,so it can make you a specialized person in a particular job.
You have no worries about your utilization. Even if you have no work from past 2 months, it won’t end up losing your job.
Here are some of the Pros
- You get a chance to work with bigger clients
- Good work-life balance
- Learn to work in a bigger Team (as MNC’s have larger employee strength)
- Handsome Salaries, great facilities like insurance, referral bonuses, large number of leaves, food court etc. Events and celebrations occur quite often
- Great Infrastructure, big fancy offices
- Proper professional environment, provides a network of professionals with whom you can interact, learn and share.
So in my opinion, Prefer startup over MNC if you have no family dependencies as they tend to be insecure and pay you less. Moreover if you have an entrepreneurship plan and wish to open your own startup, startups are the one for you.
But if you wish to have a stable life , with good salary package and facilities. Follow the route to Multi National Company.
But don’t tend to completely follow this. It again depends on the company you are serving for and the work environment you require in your professional life.
Good Luck !
If you like this post , please hit the like button.
Connect with us on Facebook
And if you have any queries comment below or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will definitely reach you out